Arizona Baby Quilt

I think I just finished my favorite quilt that I've ever made. This was my first time using Art Gallery solids (I usually use Kona) and I was impressed by their softness and beautiful color. I also really like this simple Greek Cross design and I think it lends itself well with the business of the fabric on the back. April Rhode's Arizona fabrics have been wildly popular in the quilting world. I'm glad on got my hands on some of it because I can see this one going out of stock everywhere soon.


I recently purchased a walking foot for my Bernina and this was my first time quilting with it. It's definitely a completely different process from quilting swirls with a darning foot, but I think it will get easier with time.


It's for sale in my shop.

{Credit} Finished size: 40" x 40". Pattern: Original. Fabric: Pure Elements solids by Art Gallery on front. Desert Blanket by April Rhodes for Art Gallery on back.

Comments

  1. Still in love with this one! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Greek Cross pattern. Although it's simple, you make it look sophisticated and modern. Would you consider creating a pattern for sale of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for the compliment. I'm a quilter by night and a middle school teacher by day. Unfortunately, now that school has started for me, my quilting is suffering. :) Maybe someday? Here's a tutorial that is very similar to my block: http://www.freshlemonsquilts.com/?p=1113. Enjoy!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts